Gokuldham Camp 2019
Day Camp - Daily Check-in/out: (Mon-Fri) :
1. To provide knowledge and familiarity of the Hindu religion particularly of the Pushtimarg.
2. To provide knowledge and familiarity of Indian cultural heritage.
3. To develop camaraderie, responsibility, the spirit of volunteerism and participation in cultural activities.
1. Provide familiarity of the Pushtimarg through classes and activities.
2. Expose to the philosophy behind vegetarian food, values of good health via Yoga and exercise.
3. Expose campers to basic knowledge of Indian music, arts, dances, feasts, festivals, and languages - Sanskrit and Gujarati.
4. Provide experience of sharing, free and open communication and articulation of opinions, to enhance self-esteem and promote individual growth.
5. Develop sensitivity of respect, rights, and responsibility towards others; develop an outlook towards meeting and handling challenges.
6. Provide opportunities for the development of skills in leadership, self-presentation, and interpersonal relationships.
7. Provide models for volunteerism and civic duties.
8. Develop friendships and networks that go beyond camp.
9. Participate in various activities involving cooperation, public speaking, and teamwork.
2. Class A - Pushtimarg shlokas, hymns, and understanding of rituals
3. Class B - Gujarati - recognizing basic writing and conversation
4. Class C - Indian Culture Indian history, geography, festivals, and heritage.
5. Afternoons include among the following various activities: Outings, Arts and crafts, cooking, Open forum, garba & mehndi night, bowling etc.
6. Group / Individual activities focusing on the preparation of two-minute skits, song, dance, musical
7. Small group discussions on topics such as knowledge, winning, anger and aggression.
8. Free time sports and other self-initiated activities: Soccer, Basketball, Frisbee, Volleyball, and Softball etc.
All counselors are required to submit a statement of interest “why they would like to attend camp as counselors” (minimum 200 words) and send along with their registration forms.
Registration may not be considered without a statement of interest.